About Zika News
Zika News.com is an international publisher of research-based, fact-checked information regarding the Zika Virus and the development of preventive vaccines.
Zika is spread to humans most often from a bite of an infected mosquito. While most people infected with Zika will not have symptoms, a small subset will have life-changing health issues. Most importantly, the Zika virus can be passed from a pregnant woman to her unborn child, which can cause certain congenital disabilities, such as Microcephaly.
Unfortunately, there is not a U.S. FDA authorized preventive vaccine available for the Zika virus today.
Publish ‘fact-checked’ Zika virus information that consumers and healthcare providers can trust to make informed health decisions.
Zika News.com is an owned and operated affiliate of the Precision Vax, LLC media network. Zika News syndicates its news products to third-parties and distributes its breaking news into social media channels, RSS feeds, and various newsletter services.
The weekly Zika News newsletter sent to your email address contains the latest vaccination information. Registration is free for this insightful publication.
Zika News publishes news based on research from universities, government agencies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, the CDC, and the WHO. These organizations do not influence the published content.
Our news-gathering team is independent of commercial or political interests. We do not accept gifts, including paid travel, to avoid any conflict-of-interest or appearance thereof.
Our digital newsroom is insulated from any interaction with advertisers. We cite potential conflicts of interest on the same page as the published, relevant work.
We do not allow third-parties to "ghost-write" news articles.
Medical Advisory Team
Our Medical Advisory team works closely with our editorial team to ensure Zika News published content is accurate, actionable, and understandable. We seek diverse voices in our management and reporting staff. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Robert Carlson, [email protected].
Our news organization commits its best efforts to publish accurate information. We stand by the information we publish, and if it’s not correct, we will change it as quickly as possible. We take many steps to ensure accuracy, such as:
- We investigate claims with skepticism, question assumptions, challenge conventional wisdom.
- We confirm information with subject-matter experts and seek to corroborate what sources tell us by talking with other informed people or consulting documents.
- We verify content, such as technical terms, stats, etc., against source documents or clarify who provides the information. We may share relevant components of a story with a primary source or an outside expert to verify them.
Inclusiveness is at the heart of thinking and acting as journalists. The complex issues we face as a society require respect for different viewpoints. Race, class, generation, gender, and geography all affect point of view. Reflecting these differences in our reporting leads to better, more nuanced stories and a better-informed community.
If our digital audiences cannot trust us to get the small things right, how can they trust us on the big things?
We welcome feedback from our readers regarding the information that we publish. Our news organization is committed to telling readers when an error has been made, the magnitude of the error, and the correct information, as quickly as possible. This commitment to transparency applies to small errors as well as large ones. Please send any suggested changes to our President, [email protected].
- Terms of Service: By our website, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. All information on this site is provided "as-is" for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment. You should consult with a medical professional if you have any questions about your health. The use of any information on this site is solely at your own risk. PrecisionVaccinations.com may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Your continued usage of this website means you accept all changes.
- Corrections: Zika News is committed to making clarifications to its content when appropriate. We take prompt action to edit even minor errors like spelling, grammar, or stylistic changes. Because style changes do not change the content's meaning, those kinds of "style" changes will be updated on our site without notice.
- Editorial: We are committed to publishing information on various immunization topics. We rely on you, our reader, to choose the most appropriate information for your needs. Information located on PV.com should not be used as a substitute for professional healthcare advice.
- Advertising: Zika News accepts advertising from third parties ("Advertisers"), which may include third party banners, badges, contextual advertising, and content created or provided by an Advertiser (collectively referred to as "Advertisements" or "Advertising"). We have regularly sought sponsorships and advertisements from relevant commercial organizations, manufacturers, and other health leaders. These sponsorships, which are a form of advertising, enable us to provide you with our trusted content at no cost.
Zika News.com is owned by Precision Vax, LLC, a 100% woman-owned news organization founded in 2016. Karen McClorey Hackett, the president of Precision Vax, is committed to transparency in our ownership structure and revenue sources.
We produce our revenues from advertising. Our dominant advertiser is Google Adsense. We also have business agreements for discounts, clinical trials, diagnostic tests, and various healthcare providers for vaccine appointment requests.
As such, our editorial team has no relationship, nor communications, with any advertiser. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]ionVaccinations.com.
Comments and Concerns
We believe that public feedback is not a one-way street. Instead, we are committed to engaging with you and taking action based on your suggestions, complaints, and other feedback. We will respond to your request asap. Please send an email to [email protected].
Karen Hackett, President, Zika News.com